1/17/19

Art & Ale Watercolor and White Gouache Jan & Feb 2019

I transferred the drawing first.  Next I wet the paper and added green and yellow in the grass areas and blue at the top (you can use whatever colors you wish).  I then splattered some of the green and yellow (splatter the colors you decide to use).  When the paper was shiny but not puddles I added table salt towards the top and larger salt towards the bottom.  I let it dry.  We will start painting the cows next class.

We started with a blank white piece of paper.  We wet the paper and added blue (add any color you want to add).  I made it look like a sky.  After that dried I transferred the pelican.  I mixed a dark (I used the 3 primaries included the darkest blue I had).  I leaned it towards purple.  I started on the head and wet an area.  I dropped in the dark.  I dropped in red on the top of his head and the dark below it and let them merge. I worked down into the feather area and added the paint in lines to make a feather like texture, especially on the edges.  When I wanted lighter areas I used a little more water in the paint (that way the white of the paper showing through makes the light areas).  Since we are using gouache we can also make lighter areas with the gouache, I will show you that later).