10/16/18

BAL Mixed Media October & November 2018

I poured this on watercolor paper.  I transferred the drawing.  I used green, yellow and a little blue to pour color on.  I let it dry.  Then I poured with orange and brown.  I put a little saran wrap in one section for texture.  Then I started with a white pencil shading lightly on the light areas of the background (need to finish those). Then I used white on the sloth's face.  I added some browns on the sloth's face as well (burnt ocher and dark brown).  I also used a little crimson with some brown on the nose.  I will continue demonstrating the fur and leaves and branches next class.  This is not done, it is the star and the values need to be pushed more.  Darker darks and lighter lights. 

I transferred the drawing.  Then I wet the paper and added ultramarine blue into the background and flower making it textured by adding salt (when the paper was wet but not puddled).  Then I added a warm red into the flower and background, lightly.  I demonstrated sanding and using a watercolor pencil to edge/darken the background around the flower.  I decided the flower needed more color so I added more red.  The next step is to refine and detail with colored pencil which I will demonstrate next class.