7/20/18

BAL CP July, 2018

I added more white, some dark and some color onto the dog.  Worked on the cloth and tag and collar.  It needs some refining still, but it's getting close to complete.

Colored pencil on watercolor paper (hot press 140 lb.).  I started with a melted under drawing.  I started this with peacock blue as a light value study.  I melted the pencil with a solvent and a brush(in this case rubbing alcohol 91%, 70% will work as well).

I added scarlet lake all over the skin and a little spanish orange to the light side of her skin.  I added canary yellow to the light side oh her head scarf.  I melted with rubbing alcohol again.  I also melted some of the peacock blue in the lid of a jar and then painted it on the background and her clothes.

I added more scarlet lake and spanish orange and melted again.

I started using light peach, white, scarlet lake, and black grape over the top (barely got started before class ended).  I do not plan to melt this layer and will do more next class.