6/28/18

NCBG BCP June 2018

I worked on the upper leaf.  It needs more work, especially on the top part, but it is well on the way.  I used white, peacock blue, canary yellow, and grass green.  

I started working on the left side of the branch using the 3 primaries, mostly used red and yellow in light layers.  I made the dark part of the branch mixing the 3 primaries with a lot of blue in the layers.  The light line in the middle of the dark branch was lifted with the scotch tape method Ellie shared with us from a class with Linda K. (thanks Linda and Ellie!).  I also showed using the stik tak/poster putty to help get the smooth gradations/transitions and to lighten and soften edges.  I use the stik tak a lot while drawing.  I made the blueberries with light layers of color mostly using the carmine red and true blue.  I used a stump during the process to blend and then the colorless blender towards the end on the bottom 2 berries and the dark branch (I do not use the colorless blender often).