6/21/18

Art & Ale Colored Pencil June 2018

I added a little more white in between classes.

After the white I put canary yellow all over the whole piece.  Then I started adding orange (pale vermilion mostly, could also use cadmium orange hue).  I used terra cotta on the shadows on the orange (could also use burnt ochre or sienna brown).  I added more white to the white areas and started adding some fur texture with white.  I added more orange to the orange fur areas and also some scarlet lake in some more red-orange areas (could use crimson red).  I started adding the black marks and some black to the terra cotta shading.  For the nose I had white first, carmine red and then more white shading it lighter near the nostrils.  I then added more carmine near the top edge of the nose.  For the eye I started with white and then canary yellow.  Then I added spanish orange.  I then added orange (pale vermilion or cadmium orange hue) around the edge of the eye and a little green and yellow in the middle.  I then added the black pupil.  I put a shadow with terra cotta (or burnt ochre or sienna brown) on the top part of the eye to create the shadow under the eyebrow.