6/7/18

Art & Ale Colored Pencil

Colored pencil on Strathmore toned gray paper.  I started this with indigo blue and white concentrating on the values (lights and darks). I worked with light pressure using the side of the sharpened pencil.  Keep it light for subsequent layers. 

I used canary yellow and lightly shaded the stem/stalk and a tiny bit on the triangle leaves/scales (using the side of the sharpened pencil) .  I used crimson red, lightly, on the triangle leaves/scales and the top part (crown).

I worked on a small middle section of the stalk/stem using grass green.  Then I used all 4 of the previous colors, layering it adding color and value.  Remember, for demonstration purposes I only worked on a small section (rather than the entire piece as I typically do).  The slight variation in the paper and pencil color is due to the photographs being taken with different cameras in different lighting.  Next class I will work on the triangle leaves/scales and the top (crown).