2/6/18

Sertoma CW Jan. & Feb. 2018

I started adding darker shapes and texture, especially to the line of trees and some to the front of the grass.  I added gray shadows to the mountains and lifted/scrubbed some highlights after it was dry.  I added gray to the sky as well.  I added trees, both dark and light, to the tree line.  The light/white gouache trees are trees in the distance that the light is hitting and the dark ones are in shadow.  I plan to add more of both light and dark tree shapes.  I will fix the larger tree on the upper right.  I fixed the curve of the road and it needs just a little more adjustment.

I added a glaze of a red color to the background.

I added in the hair - wet the paper, add a dark version of the color, and use the brush to make hair texture (in a vertical direction).  I also started working on the face and clothes adding some shadows.  This is still near the beginning so do not get dark yet, stay on the light to medium side value wise on the features and clothes.  Stay a little lighter than the darkest on the hair.