10/26/17

Sertoma Continuing Watercolor October & November 2017

I shaded a lemon with some purple (very light purple!).  My lemons need work.  I also added some darks to some leaves.  I then started adding the dark patterns to the background.  I used water to map out the shapes and then dropped in a mixed dark (using the 3 primaries, choose your darkest blue to make this), a dark green, and some orange.  I'm going to add some to the middle and start heading down. St some point I might fade it out at the bottom or I might take it all the way down and off the page in some of the areas (not sure yet). 

I worked on shading the cranberries and adding darks in between (need to finish that so I can remove the masking).  I added glazes of orange and a yellow color to the table area.  Added a dark to the background and shaded part of the table as well as the shadow of the vase.  I then added a gold glaze to the background and table again.  Added some color and darks to the vase as well.  Need to add a few more before removing the masking.  After I add some things I will post a photo on the blog.