8/1/17

Sertoma Painting People in watercolor (July and August 2017)

I darkened the back and bottom of her hair and the background. Need to add darks to her face, especially after darkening the hair and background.   

At home I added orange and blue to the dark shape of his clothes.  I then wet and painted a glaze on the background (ultramarine).  In class I wet his hair and painted it with a dark and dropped in color on the wet dark.  I also wet the face and used darker skin color (and let the hair color bleed in a little).  I need to darken the hands and then add shadows and detail to the face and hands.  Of course the cello needs detail and shadow as well.

This is the poured painting after some value work with similar colors used in the pours was used (reddish orange and purple blue and the mixes they make).  There are a few more things I will do, but this one is close.