4/24/17

DAC Intermediate drawing based WC plants March, April, May 2017

I glazed the bottom left grape with a yellow glaze and scrubbed a highlight on the top left of that grape.

I glazed the background with a red glaze.

Monochromatic painting.  Upright painting at an easel.  I have demonstrated cast shadows (hard edges, made by blocked light).  The cast shadows are a light, fairly flat wash of color applied wet on dry.  I demonstrated form shadows (soft edges, gradated, made as an object turns from the light).  The form shadows (which are also textured) were painted wet on wet to create texture and to keep the edges soft.  I demonstrated the background, wet on wet.  I wet the paper and dropped in color allowing it to run and leave white spaces.  I am keeping it light right now, it will most likely darken as the painting progresses.