1/19/17

CW Glen Eden/Sertoma January and February 2017

In between class work.  I worked at home adding a few things shown later in class.

I started adding some of the darks and shadows using salt to make some of the fish scale texture allowing the color underneath to show or the addition of color glazing over the dark.  I worked on the very bright fish with a cool red as well as a purple blue (used in the shadow areas).  I also added some of the red I added to other parts of the painting.  There are more darks, shadows, and details left for next class.

In between class work.  I worked at home adding a few things shown later in class.

I added some more shadows/form on the petals and worked on the branches and leaves.  I glazed the background.  I used cerulean at the top and green gold at the bottom.  This pushes the texture back and calms it down.  There are more details and shadows to add next class.