1/27/16

Continuing Watercolor (January and February 2016)

I fixed a few edges and demonstrated the use of white gouache.  I painted some of the top leaves various colors and started painting a branch as well.

I worked around the face and the bottom of the body adding some fur texture and shaping the form of the wolf.  I also made minor adjustments to the nose and eye (the eye needs to be completed).  The nose still needs a bit of shaping, the lines are too hard and not correct.

I wet the hat and dropped in color paying attention to the values needed to shape the hat.  Next I added dark to the face and down into the beard and started the ear.  I then mixed a purple-gray to start shaping the shirt.  The collar of the shirt underneath was painted a red color (it needs some shadows).  I then started adding the texture to the hat by scribbling the texture and using a damp brush to mess it up and soften it a bit.  I painted the underside of the hat darker.  It's coming along.