2/4/16

Continuing Watercolor (January and February 2016)

I did a little more dry brushing.  I need to do the eye and finish the fur.

I did more masking on the beard.  I made the background a bit darker and textured (I may do a glaze over it).  I added darks up under the hat and started adding the features.  Need to add wrinkles.  The beard needs dark hairs and for some of the white ones to be toned down.  The shirt needs a bit more work as does the hat. 

I wet the sky and added blue, a bit darker at the top lightening as it went towards the horizon.  I painted blue along the top of the back hill and then used a damp brush to pull it down.  I then did the bottom land area (skipping the middle one so the top could dry) and dropped in blue and green and brown.  I did the middle land area similarly to the top one.  It is a good start and I am glad it's light.  I can always darken it if needed.