11/19/15

Sertoma Continuing Watercolor (October, November, December 2015)

I used a scrubber to add white to the land in the back, behind the trees.

I removed the masking and started directly painting the fish.  First I added yellow to the 3 main fish. I added a red orange to the 2 fish.  I used a wet brush all over the water areas to soften the water masking marks.  I let that all dry.  Then I painted on one fish adding more yellow, some orange, and a dark.  I made some water type lines on the fish as well.  I also added some purple to some of the fins and tails.  I can demonstrate this again on another fish next class. 

I transferred the drawing, left some of the information out as it is rather busy.  I then went over some of the lines with a #2 pencil (to make sure they would stay).  I mixed a green, a red, and a yellow brown.  I also used cerulean.  I masked the highlights on the red seeds.  I painted the red seeds.  I wet the paper (around the berries) and dropped color in, paying attention to the photo (loosely).  i used a paper towel to remove paint from the highlights and lighter areas in the photo.