11/19/15

NCBG Acrylic (November 2015)

I painted white and dark green on the leaves to add value.  I did a little more white on the flower before painting it pink.  Next I need to reestablish the values on the flowers and to continue working on values and details over the entire piece.

I started with white on the mushroom.  I mixed a dark green for the background (black, yellow, and a little red).  I will continue with this for the values and begin adding details as well.

I added more rubber cement, let it dry, and painted red.

I have used rubber cement to make grass texture.  Masking fluid could be used as well.  This needs more layers (which will make it easier to see as well).

I started with white, painting the values (various values of white from opaque to transparent).  I started glazing some color.

I started with white, painting the values.  I then painted yellow and green as well as a dark red (stem).

All of these pieces need quite a bit more work.

Remember that I do demonstrations in sections without finishing each section.  But when I work I actually would finish before moving on to the next part.  For example - if painting white first I would finish the white before moving on to glaze color.  In the demo I do a section of white and then move on to glazing.