11/8/15

NCBG Acrylic (November 2015)

I did this at home before class.  I will demonstrate further on this in class next week.  The background was made with plastic wrap.  I wet the paper, dropped in the color, and put plastic wrap on it scrunching it until I liked the texture.  After it was dry I removed the wrap and glazed it with yellow.  When dry I transferred the drawing with graphite paper.  I then painted the leaves green (so I could see then better).  I used white to start painting the values on the flower. 

I did this before class and plan to demonstrate on it next class.  The background was blue made with a wet in wet technique.  After it dried I then glazed with yellow.  After that dried I then splattered white.  When it was dry I transferred the drawing using white transfer paper.  I have not painted any details yet.

This is a sample from another class.  Acrylic, bubble wrap texture, painted the petals with white first and then the yellow and red.  Left the background showing in the middle.  This is not done.

This is a sample from another class.  This is gouache, but I would do the exact same with acrylic.  the background is wet in wet and salt texture.  I then painted the cat white, in quite a few layers.  The beginning layers did not have fur texture, that was added in later layers.  I then added details, values, and other colors.  This is not complete, close, but it has a bit more to go.

Rubber cement texture done in another class.  This one has two layers.

The warm.cool color wheel.  Remember this is scanned, so some of the colors may not appear as they are in reality.  For instance, the bottom 2 circles - the one marked PB + NRL is black.  The one marked PB + RMQ is a dark purple.