3/18/15

Continuing Watercolor (March & April)

I wet the sheep and dropped in orange and purple to start getting texture and form (for this "blossoms" are your friend.  A blossom forms when you drop water into a wash that is starting to dry which creates a texture).  I used a glaze of cobalt on the background (because the new colors did not go well at all with the background).  I mixed a dark to add the face details and added a few more shadows.  After this dried I removed the masking.  I had some areas to fix and adjust (as always with masking and have not finished this).

I painted a few more of the blueberries and leaves.  I added more blue rather than green berries than in the photo.  I am working to get a variation in greens (from yellow to blue) as well as values in the leaves.  I used a wet brush to work on some of the color from the background that had pooled at the edges.  It is coming along.