3/12/15

Aqueous Acrylic and Gouache (March and April 2015)

Acrylic on a canvas panel (prepped with flat white house paint).  First I wet the panel and dropped in color.  Then I added sea salt when it was shiny, but not a puddle.  After that was dry I removed the salt and I transferred the drawing.  Then I painted the black part of the rooster with a medium-dark gray.

Gouache on paper.  I wet the paper, applied color, and put scrunched plastic wrap on top.  I left this until it was dry.  I will use this to paint a gouache rooster.

First I drew a square where the window would be placed.  Then I wet the square and added the landscape colors.  After this was dry I did the outside of the square with a warm gray.  I spritzed it with a fine water spray after it was starting to dry.  After it was dry I transferred the drawing.