3/12/15

Continuing Watercolor (March and April 2015)

I transferred the sheep and put masking fluid in the shape of the hairs around the edges to preserve the hairs.

I wet the paper around the sheep and dropped in color making a horizontal pattern.  May do a wash or two over this before I remove the masking (not sure yet).

I transferred the drawing, editing some of the leaves out and making up some when I could not tell what exactly was happening in the drawing.  I wet the background and dropped in burnt sienna and cobalt.  This photo was taken with my phone in class, so the colors are not correct.

I worked on a few berries.  I wet the blueberry, dropped in the color paying attention to the highlights and shadows.  While it was still wet I added other colors for either shadows or color details.  I worked on a few leaves wetting them first and adding the yellow and green or the blue greens depending on the color in the photo.  The leaf colors vary quite a bit.