4/2/14

Continuing Watercolor (March & April 2014)

I worked on the jacket using burnt sienna and permanent alizarin.  I wet the jacket first and then added wrinkles and shadows leaving some areas white.  I did a second pass on the jean using mostly indigo to better define the shadows (I did not wet the area first).  I wet the tires and dropped in the dark (brown and indigo) following the value patterns and guiding the paint a bit.  I mixed green (indigo and aureolin & cobalt and aureolin) and sribbled in the leaf textures for the front basket flowers varying the value a bit.  I then dropped in permanent alizarin and yellow.  I worked on the back basket, back side a littel making drawing marks (it needs quite a bit more).  I mixed a light brown and wet parts of the hat and did a light value study to make it round before adding the details.  I glazed some yellow and red into the salt pattern behind her head (only did a little).  I glazed an area of yellow to a section in front of her face to the right.  I 'blew' some branches on the very left side.