4/17/14

Continuing Watercolor (March and April 2014)

I worked on the flowers in the back as well as the basket.  I worked on the front basket as well, it needs a bit more dark.  I have improved the face, but still not entirely happy with it.  When I figure out what I want to do I'll repost it (really huge sunglasses are looking good tight now...).  I worked on part of the bike adding shadows so it looks round.  I worked on the hand (less is more, wish I had taken that advice for the face).  Added more shadow to the back of the hat.  Am in process to fix the curve of the front tire.  There is a lot more little stuff to do of course.  

I added more darks and then wet the entire paper (boat too) and added cerulean at the top and purple on the bottom of the sky.  After it was dry I used a gray watercolor pencil for the lines.  I re-wet the paper and did another wash of color - cerulean and rose.   There is a little more to do, but it's close.