2/22/21

Mixed Media started with an unrelated drawing superimposed over an abandoned watercolor painting

This is posted to show you one of my mixed media processes.  This was a painting of a man in watercolor that I lost interest in finishing.  I pulled it out one day and decided to superimpose an unrelated drawing in colored pencil on top to see what I could come up with.  I do this every so often with my abandoned paintings. 

I started the value drawing with the white pencil.  

A little more value drawing (wish I would have photographed the value drawing after it was completed).

The layers of colored pencil being added over the value drawing and the background.  At this point I am thinking it needs something more to tell the story that is evolving.  So I added more figures with colored pencil into the background. 

"Atonement"  15 x 22