4/9/20

SW CP Class

This is how it looked in the last post.

I started adding the wings with black and white doing what I call making a "road map" in a confusing area.  After that I worked on the head.  I added yellow ocher to the eye and the beak.  I lightly added yellow ocher on the white are from below the eye to the beak and up around the beak and down the right side of the beak.   I also added sienna brown to the beak and on the head in the areas I put yellow ocher (do this lightly).  I then added canary yellow lightly from the yellow ocher up onto the head.  I added peach lightly as well.  I also added some of these colors to the cheek.  I used dark brown to make the shadow around the beak between the beak and the fluffy white.  I added shadows and highlights to the eye.  and the yellow around the eye using white, dark brown and sienna brown plus a little black.  I worked on the beak adding highlights and shadows as well as color.  I used white to add more white to the head working it into the areas shaded with color and making parts lighter that need to be.  Next class we will work on the back part of the head and into the wings and chest areas.