4/14/20

SW CP class


This is the parakeet from the last blog post

I used aquamarine, light aqua, white, and sienna brown plus a little black/indigo blue on the chest area of the bird.  I covered the entire area with light aqua.  I then started shaping the feathers and areas.  I worked in the direction of the feathers using white to lighten and aquamarine to add medium values and black or indigo with aquamarine on top for the darker values.  I used the sienna brown, lightly, with light aqua over the top to make the gray brown area in the feathers.  I used white to blend, texture, and lighten areas as needed. 

I moved down the front of the body shading with light aqua over the entire area.  Then I added white in a textured pattern going in the direction of the feathers to the front and bottom.  I used aquamarine and a little indigo blue to the shadow under the wing.

Next I worked on the head adding light aqua and a little Copenhagen blue to the left side of the cheek.  I used white to lighten and blend the light aqua into the cheek area. make strokes in the direction of the feathers.

Then I worked on the stripes on the head around the eye.  I added feathery texture with white going in the direction of the feathers over the black and white stripes.  Using white and black I made and undulating pattern of light and dark on the stripe area under the eye. I lightened the white and dark in one horizontal stripe and then darkened the next stripe, and so on.  This is a subtle pattern so as not to make any hard horizontal lines. Above the eye on the head I lightened and darkened areas according to the values in the photo.