7/31/19

DAC cp&mm July and August 2019

I added more color and more white to the white bracts.  I used spanish orange and scarlet lake and a little indigo to add color and value.  Be careful with indigo as it changes quite a bit if white is put over it.

This is how it looked before adding colored pencil.

I have started on the head and ears with colored pencil.  There is none below the the collar.  I have used white first for the highlights and light areas.  I then usually go over the white with color as needed.  Using white is typically my first step.  Do your pencil strokes in the direction of the fur.  I have also used burnt ochre, spanish orange, scarlet lake, cream, black, true blue so far.  The true blue is in the background and a little on the dog.  Will use it on the collar most likely (will do that and the mouth next class among other things).

This is the second demo of the loose watercolor under painting.  I have made 2 passes.  I may make a third pass before starting colored pencil.