2/9/17

CW Sertoma/Glen Eden Jan. and Feb. 2017

I worked more on the flower and branch in the upper right.  I added more shadows and the stripes in the petals.

I worked more on her face adding more shadows.  I started working on the clothes and scarf. I mixed 3 versions of purple, one that leaned red, one that leaned blue, and one that was in the middle.  The varied purples (made from the same red and blue) add interest to the scarf.  I used yellow in the shirt putting in the first layer.  I added a dark to the hair making sure it was textured by purposely adding blossoms.

I used a neutralized red and a neutralized green as well as yellow to start this painting. Neutralized/muted colors are made by adding some of the complimentary color - so for green adding a little red will mute/neutralize the green.  Complimentary colors are across from each other on the color wheel.  The colors were inspired by the Fall background in the photo. I brought the background colors into the painting.  I have made one pass at this.  We will of course do more next class.