2/21/17

BAL CP People F&M 2017

Colored pencil on maroon mat board.  This shows the addition of terra cotta (can use sienna brown as well) on the left side of the face and arm after completion of the cream, white, and light peach layers.  After the terra cotta the highlights and darks will need to be re-established. 

This was done during class.  The highlights have been re-stablished on the skin after th terra cotta.  I started adding color to the scarf.  I showed aquamarine on the left side and true blue and canary yellow on the right side..  Highlights and shadows will need re-establishing after the color is added.

After class I started re-establidhing the highlights and shadows on the scarf, worked more on the skin and hair, and started adding color to the dress on the left side.  I used true blue and pomegranate plus more white after the color was added.  I left the bottom left fold undone in case you want to see what I did on the scarf as well as the right side of the dress.

Colored pencil on UART sanded pastel paper, 800 grade.  The start of the value study with one color (terra cotta or sienna brown for this piece).

The value study under drawing.