11/3/16

Sertoma Continuing Watercolor, October & November 2016

Added a yellow glaze to the background.  Worked on the leaves adding darks and scrubbing highlights, and adding some details.  Still have more to do.  I worked on the floer adding shadows and details.

Worked on straightening the edges of the ornaments.  I scrubbed in some areas, used dark in other areas either on the ornaments or in the background pulling the edged out into organic shapes.  I added the ornament tops and hanging wires. I added some darks to the ornament reflections.  I made the red areas brighter.

I made another pass adding more shadows as well as some details on the face.  I painted some light green in the hair and background.  I painted a yellow wash on the clothing.  I will demonstrate the second eye next class and continue adding shadows and working on her hair.