11/4/16

NCBG ICP November 2014

Colored pencil on Stonehenge Paper using a solvent and colored pencils to make an under drawing.  This demo photo was taken prior to class.  I left sections in various stages for class/educational/Demonstration purposes.   When working on my own art I typically work the entire piece. 
This was taken after class, after the demonstrations.  Areas are still at various levels.  Colors used so far on the leaves - canary yellow, spanish orange, grass green (I put the grass green on paying attention to the values).  Then I melted the pencil.  Colors used so far on the red petals - grayed lavender, pomegranate (I put the pomegranate on paying attention to values).  Then I melted the pencil.  Colors used so far on the green petals - yellow chartreuse and grass green in the shadows.  Then I melted the petals.  Colors used so far on the background - grayed lavender over the whole thing, pomegranate and black grape in organic shapes.   Then I melted the pencil. After melting on the leaves I used black grape for some areas on the green to tone it down.  I used the grass green and yellow chartreuse and canary yellow as well.  I used white and cream for light areas.  On the petals after melting I used black grape and pomegranate as well as grayed lavender and white.


This was taken after I did some work to get it ready for the next class demonstrations.  I need to use solvent and finish the background.  If I do more I will post again and let you know.