5/28/15

Colored Pencil Exploration (May and June 2015)

This is the black and white side of the Dura-Lar.  I have added more color on the color side, refined some of my shadows and highlights, and started to do a bit on the black and white side on the background (need to do the plate as well...)..

This is the color side.  I have of course added more color - I have used an orange, Bordeaux-Red, Yellow, and a little Prussian Blue.  It still needs more color.  I apply the color lightly and in layers.  At the end I ad it more thickly.

This is for a background.  I transferred the drawing to white paper (I use white drawing paper, watercolor paper, mixed media paper - whatever I have on hand).  This is the melted colored pencil.  I rubbed it in a jar lid, added Goo Gone, and painted it on with a brush.  This can also be done with watercolor, gouache, or acrylic as well.

This is the strawberry I worked on in class.  This is the base after single passes with the white, blue, yellow, and red.

This is the strawberry that was completed before class.  This si after reusing all 4 colors and refining everything (I will show this next week in class)