4/15/15

Continuing Watercolor (March & April 2015)

I have added more blueberries and leaves.  I have glazed a very light red over some of the leaves (to make the greens more real).  I started to add the stem at the top.  I have used the scrubber to make some white lines in the leaves and to life a few highlights out of the blueberries.   I want a variety of colors and especially values in the leaves and berries.  I am so close to getting the leaves done!

I have added the trees on the right side.  They need snow and a bit more texture.  I may also add a bit of brown to the trees (only a little) and a bit of purple to the barn.  I want to unify them a little.  Might add more blue to the sky.

I added a few more areas on the first pass.  I have also done 2 passes on the face and basket.  This has a ways to go, but is off to a good start.  This is an excellent exercise to hone those value skills!