4/8/15

Continuing Watercolor (March and April 2015)

I have added more berries and more leaves.  I am working towards a variety of values as well as varied greens in the leaves.

I worked on the trees on the right side.  I did a tiny bit on the doorway to the bard (added some white dry brushing).  There are more trees to do and a little bit of finish work, but it's close.

I wet the background and dropped in the color.  This is a value study so one color only for now.  After that was dry I did the band, wetting it and applying the dark on both ends with the highlight in the middle.  I then wet her face and neck and painted in the dark values and face shapes.  I adjusted the lips a bit later.  I later wet the should on our right and did the shadows.  I put in the stripes on the shoulder on our left.  I wet her arm and added the shadows.  This is the first pass.  More darks and details and shadows will be added.