2/7/15

BAL Mixed Media (January and February 2015)

I worked some on the pears and on the leaves.  It has of course more to go.  In discussing the leaves we talked about how in a shadowed area it helps to gradate the shadow or have areas of lighter value within the shadow, even if in the picture it shows it as a solid dark.  It makes it more interesting and works better for the piece.  I also added some red to the greens.

I added more texture to the hat, worked a little with white on the collar and front of the shirt, worked on the beard blending it into the face, and I worked on the highlights and shadows of the face.  This photo has a glare on the shadow under the hat.  If I can get a better photo I will re post it.  Mixed medias are some of my more difficult pieces to photograph.

This is the piece that started as an ink wash (india ink, water, and a brush).  I then worked on the pen & ink (black and white pens), and then I tinted it with watercolor.  Once I get all the 'wet' media done I might work with colored pencil on top if it is needed (it might not be needed).