2/26/15

Continuing Watercolor (January and February 2015)

I have added some hair texture.  It needs a bit more on the lower part of the body.  I will do a little tweaking, but it is very close to complete.

I have added the gold handle? on the lid.  I wet it, added a gold color and let it dry.  Then I came in with a shadow.  Since I did not keep the highlight area white I used gouache.  I have more work to do, especially at the top of the painting and on the cloth at the bottom. bit it is coming along.

I have started another pear.  I have also worked on some of the leaves.  This one has a little work left.

I worked on the trees, attaching them to the ground and adding shadows.  I wet the white tree, and dropped in color on the shadow side.  I used dark brown, red brown, and green.  I lifted some highlights into the rocks.  I sponged the foreground area.  I made the back area into water.  I need to work on the trees of course.  There are some parts that bother me that I will work on (between the two water areas and the shapes of the water, the island, the foreground - these areas bother me)