12/4/14

Continuing Watercolor (November & December 2014)

I made the background around the giraffe's head a bit darker and started to add some texture.  It is spotty and needs more, but it is a decent start.

I mixed a dark (blue and brown) and did his beard (basically scribbling) and his eye and eyebrow areas.  I painted a little on the glasses to define them.  I added some shadows to his face and neck.

I wet the background and painted in some strips of color.  I mixed a medium green and painted the center.

This is from another class.  It shows a different background and colors.  It is also a step further on the painting than the demo in class.

This is from another class, it is the start of this flower and needs lots more layers.  It is one using rubber cement as the background texture.