12/11/14

Continuing Watercolor (November and December 2014)

I worked on the background a little.  It needs to be darker to pop the giraffe forward.

I added more shadows and dark details to the face.  I glazed the background yellow.  The red needs to be moved around a bit (rather than all at the top).  I added red to the vest.  it needs another pass with some darker shadows.  I need to do the one collar with blue.  I need to do the buttons as well.

This could be done, I might do a bit of small things, but it looks OK.  Remember, I wet the branches and used  yellow green, dark green, and red brown to shade the branched and ends (the ends could use a bit of shadow and detail).  I wet the petal and dropped in yellow and red.  Later I added gray shadows over the yellow and red and between the petals and on the edge of some petals.  I added red and yellow to the middle as well as layers of dark (needs to be a bit darker still).  I used a very thinned gray to add the 'ribbing' on the petals.

I wet the branches and used yellow green, red brown, and dark brown to shade them.  The flower needs more work.