11/6/14

Continuing Watercolor (November/December 2014)

I worked more on the ornament adding values (remember, the lights and darks, the values, are most important).  There are a few areas I need to finish and details to add on the ornament.  I added a strand of lights.  I wet the stand and added cobalt in dots along the strand.  I wanted it to have the variation that it does.  I will add color to the bulbs.  I also plan to add 2 more stands (remember odd numbers work the best for the composition).

I worked on the face.  I did a first pass that was soft and then added the eyes, worked on the nose and the one ear, and worked on the horns - adding more values (especially darks).  I also worked a bit on the body (which needs more help...).  I wet the background (I really wet it so the paint will move).  I added a mixture of cobalt and yellow and touches of cobalt.  I left some areas white.