10/16/14

Continuing Watercolor (September & October 2014)

I added cobalt to the hat and shirt to add shadows.  I also did a wash of cobalt to the background and softened the background texture.  I have a bit more value and detail work, but it's getting close.

At home I worked on the lower face at home to soften some of the blue dots.

I added dark values to the face and to the neck area (to the right of the hand).  I also added a wash to the hair in the front of the hand (the hand and the yellow background are a bit washed out in the photo, in person the hand is darker and the yellow is brighter).  This needs more work, especially on some of the spotty textures.

At home I added some dark washes on the right bottom side to define the petals.  It is what was needed for this flower.  I also added a bit of dark to the middle.

I added slightly darker washes to the background to define the petals.  I worked on the middle adding some texture and value.  I started to add some form and shadow to the petals (bottom left).

At home I added some washes to define the petals on the left side and some darks in the middle.

I added more washes to define the petals and some darks in the middle as well as lifted some highlights.  I started to add definition to the petals as well as shadows between the petals.