2/20/14

Aqueous Acrylics & Gouache (Jan. and Feb. 2014)

Acrylic (will do the same with gouache).  I have added details.  The white areas are how to lighten an area (two with texture and one in an area on the side of a leaf and one on a small edge).  Next class I will glaze a color on top.  I have also added details such as veins and textures.  For the veins I used white for the vein and glazed on top and added a shadow of dark.

Gouache (will do the same with acrylic).  I worked mostly on the ear and eye and back of the head.  I have started adding darks with highlighted areas on top.  I have added textures (fur lines and dots) with white.  When I add details and textures the paint is on the 'dry' side (just wet enough to move). 

Acrylic.  I have finished 2 passes of the rubber cement/paint cycle.  I have added the last rubber cement (3rd pass) and need to add paint.  If I do this before the next class I will post it.  After the 3rd pass is complete I plan to remove the rubber cement.  The next class I plan to start on the face and hair/clothing details.

Gouache.  I have finished 2 passes of the rubber cement/paint cycle.  I need to do the 3rd pass of rubber cement/paint.  If I do this before the next class I will post it.  After the 3rd pass is complete I plan to remove the rubber cement. The next class I plan to start on the face and hair/clothing details.