2/6/14

Aqueous Acrylic & Gouache (January & February 2014)

Acrylic (sorry for the quality).  This is after I worked on the background quite a bit, before class.

Acrylic. This is after class where I started to add some values and details.

Gouache (sorry for the quality).   This is after I worked on the background quite a bit, before class.

Gouache. This is after class where I started to add some values and details.

Acrylic.  I added some color and value.

Gouache.  I added some color and value.

Acrylic.  I transferred the drawing, swirled rubber cement in the hair and background areas, and painted with acrylic (light and watered down) over those areas.  I will repeat this 3-5 more times.

Gouache.  This is the drawing transferred with rubber cement 'swirled' onto the hair and background areas.

Gouache (you can do this with either medium).  This is a rubber cement technique for making backgrounds.  I swirled rubber cement onto the paper.  Let it dry, and painted gouache onto the paper.  I plan to do this 3-5 more times.