11/21/13

Continuing Watercolor (November/December 2013)

I worked on the background adding darker leaves (alizarin, pthalo green, and salt).  I may add some medium value leaves as well and leave only a small amount of the yellow showing.  Not sure yet (so many options).  I added a few shadows to the leaves.  They need more values and details.  I worked on a few berries adding highlights, shadows, and details.  Need to add a glaze of yellow to almost all of them still.

Worked more on the face, especially the bottom and ear.  There is still more to do, but it is close.  Worked on the shirt and more on the hair.  More to do still but it is coming along.  Remember that value studies (or monochromatic paintings) are great for learning and improving skills.

For this we transferred the drawing, wet the background, and added in color leaning towards dark at the top and under the car (I used indigo, burnt sienna, oxide of chromium, viridian, aureolin,).  Before it dried I placed plastic wrap over it to get the texture.