11/15/13

Continuing Watercolor (November/December 2013)

This is a photo of what I worked on at home to get a few more leaves and berries further along.  I added shadows to the berries to make them look round.  I carefully added a green shadow (could do a red with green in it as well)  for a cast shadow to make the berries in the back look as if they are behind the others and the leaves. 

This is how it looked after class.  I have added darks and veins (with white gouache and dark green) as well as started the branches and added shadows and highlights to the berries.  I also added a glaze of yellow to one berry (bottom right).  

I had added another layer of rubber cement and dark to the hair, allowed it to dry, and then removed the rubber cement.  I started painting the hair adding detail with scribble marks and some dark areas.  I started on the face.  I started  with the dark shadow on the forehead and pulled the paint out from the shadow with a damp brush.  I was working down.  The bottom half of her face needs a little work and the hair needs more organized 'scribbles' and details.