10/17/13

Continuing Watercolor (September/October 2013)

I added the bottom table and the shadows and added some more darks to the bowl.  When I added the blue to the table I wet up into the gray background and let the blue go into that as well.

First I wet the paper, added color, added salt (when shiny and not a puddle) and then put the plastic wrap on top and 'squished' it to make the texture smaller.  After it was dry I removed the salt and plastic wrap and transferred the drawing.  I started putting in the darks, negative painting, so the foreground leaves will emerge.  After the paper is very dry I will use some masking fluid to put in some veins.

This is the masonite, primed with Kilz 2 primer, prepped with Absorbent Ground (Golden Acrylic).  I wet the surface, dropped in color and let it run.  I added salt, laid it flat and let it dry.