10/8/13

Colored Pencil (Sept./Oct. 2013)

I have added a few more values.  It still needs color, detail, and values but is getting close to complete.

I added some more color and value.  It needs a little more work before it is done.

This is the third pass, very gentle shading, for the tomato.  I have only used true blue and scarlet lake so far.

After the white and black 'road map' was complete I added in some color - true blue, canary yellow, sienna brown, scarlet lake.  I also added color to the dark stripes mostly true blue and scarlet lake and a bit more black.  I used white to make the hair on the front of his face (the darks and mediums must be in first, then do the white hair/fur marks).  For the eye I used white first (the black pupil was in already) and then used canary yellow.  I used scarlet lake and sienna brown at the top for a shadow and white on the underneath for a highlight.