2/14/13

Continuing Watercolor (Jan/Feb 13) - Sertoma

Pea plant.  I started painting the leaves and flowers as if the texture was not on the background.   I focused on values and details and the addition of yellow.

This pea plant is A little further along (started in another class).  I added darks and details.  I also added lights with both lifting and scrubbing as well as gouache.

I worked on the back of the head integrating the light as back lighting .  I added color, some yellow, to the chicken..  It needs a little more detail and some darks.

First I wet the background and added in blues and blue greens as well as some yellow.  I guided the water into a 'watery' pattern.  Next, I painted the turtle shell with an reddish-orange color and 'sanded' color with watercolor pencils and sand paper onto the wet shell (new term and technique for me...).  I also painted the head blue, sanded color on, and put saran wrap on the head.