2/1/13

Mixed Media (Jan/Feb) - Sertoma

Colored pencil over watercolor and gouache.  I just began adding colored pencil to 'spruce' this piece up - with the colored pencil I am able to add bright color, texture, and highlights.

Colored pencil  over a watercolor and gouache 'abandoned painting'..  I used half of an old painting and superimposed the duck on top.  I have added some white gouache (the duck body) and colored pencil.  It has a ways to go yet.  I barely started the water, it needs some adjustment and more values.

Pen & ink and colored pencil over watercolor on primed Masonite prepped with Absorbent Ground.  Add the ink first and then work on the colored pencil. 

Acrylic and rubber cement.  This is another layer of rubber cement and acrylic.  I may add a third and then remove the rubber cement.  I will superimpose the magnolia.

Watercolor and rubber cement.  I added another layer of rubber cement and watercolor.  Considering a third layer.

Colored pencil  and pen & ink over a watercolor and gouache 'abandoned painting' (the other half of the painting the duck is on).  I superimposed the tree on top.  I have added some pen & ink and colored pencil.  It needs more work.