1/25/13

Mixed Media (Jan/Feb) - Sertoma

Acrylic on watercolor paper.  I wet the paper and used pthalo green and ultramarine blue.  I made the strokes horizontal as this can be used as a water background for the duck.

This started as half of an old abandoned watercolor painting (of a building).   I have superimposed the duck over the old painting.  I did the beak in colored pencil and the white part is gouache as is a little of the background.  This has a way to go yet, but the start is interesting.

Acrylic and rubber cement.  This started as a mess of demonstrated splotches and some written notes in pencil.  I then did a layer of dribbled rubber cement.  When it was dry I did washes of acrylic (several reds, blue, and yellow).  I will do several more layers.  This has potential to be the background for a new piece.

Watercolor and rubber cement.  I dribbled rubber cement on paper.  I did washes of watercolor (new gamboge, aureolin, permanent rose).  I will do several more layers and it will become a possible background for a piece of art.

Acrylic, salt, and saran/plastic wrap on paper.  I wet the paper, added color washes  salted it, and laid the plastic wrap on top until mostly dry.  This would make a great background for the tree (or anything really).

Pen & ink, colored pencil, and half of an old abandoned watercolor painting (of a building, the other half of the duck above)   This is the very beginning of the tree on the old painting.

Watercolor, salt, and saran/plastic wrap on paper.  I wet the paper, added color washes  salted it, and laid the plastic wrap on top until mostly dry.  This would make a great background for the tree (or anything really).