12/11/12

Tuesday Morning Class

This is the acrylic painting using a 'local color' technique.  I painted the berried red and the leaves green.  After it dried I painted the light areas.  I will then paint the dark area.  After that is dry I will layer more color and detail on top.   It's a back and forth layering process (between color and value) with details on top.

This is the colored pencil 'local color' project.  I applied the red on the berries (scarlet lake and a little pomegranate) and green  on the leaves (dark green) as well as yellow (canary yellow to the background).  I then layered cream and white for the light areas and indigo and dark green for the darks.  I then layered more color blending as I went.  It's a back and forth layering process (between color and value) with details on top.