4/5/12

Continuing Watercolor (March/April) - Sertoma

This is the third pass on this painting.  I added some detail and some darks.  I scrubbed out part of the background with the 'magic sponge' (mostly around her head).  I added a glaze of yellow over the scrubbed part with a little red at the top and a little blue at the bottom.  I used a small 'scrubbie' to scrub out some highlights.

This is the experimental quilt piece.  I have added a few another layer of rubber cement, masking,  and then the paint.  I have added color and put crumpled wax paper on top (for texture), etc.  We will do a gouache or Chinese white painting (and some watercolor) on top.

This is the start of the rooster painting.  I masked out the white areas in the feather pattern.  I then wet the paper and dropped in viridian, aureolin, and quin. rose.  I also splattered some paint as well.