2/10/12

Aqueous Acrylics

Value study done before class.  This is acrylic on a canvas panel.  I have thinned the paint with polymer and water.  I  lightly sanded the surface and then transferred the drawing before starting the painting.  I paint the darkest areas first and guide/pull the paint toward the medium and light areas.


This is the value study with color glazed over the value study.   I  still need to add some glazes to the background and then add details and adjust values as needed.

Value study done in class.  This is acrylic on a canvas panel.  I have thinned the paint with polymer and water.  I  lightly sanded the surface and then transferred the drawing before starting the painting.  I paint the darkest areas first and guide/pull the paint toward the medium and light areas.